Access2k->97 conversion

I have moved to Access 2000 but others I need to keep sending updated versions to still have Access 97. I have been using tools-database utilities-convert database-to prior access database version. It now stops about 1/2 way through the process with the error message "Record is too large." followed by "Some errors happened during the conversion. No converted database is generated." I have tried to shorten records to no avail by taking text added in the last cycle of updates out of fields, and split off new fields added in the last cycle into a linked new table, but I still get the same error. I can send report snapshots or export certain tables if I have to, but I would like to correct and avoid the error: find the long record(s), know how to keep track of their length and what the limit is an Access 97 versus Access 2000.

Plutonium Lounger
    Sacramento, California, USA

Re: Access2k->97 conversion

Are you storing any very large graphics or memo fields in your 2000 database? The memo field size limit in Access 2K is twice what it was in 97, and that would be the first place I would look.

Re: Access2k->97 conversion

No graphics or memo fields at all, thanks. Some text fields that I had to trim in the past because I got a message about the record length when editing their content, so I cut these back to less than they were (I have a change log so I can see what I changed since the last successful conversion to Access 97) but still get the error.