Lounger
    Thanks

Saving Settings - Painless System Upgrade

Currently my PC has NT 4.0, Outlook 98, IE 5.5 and Word 97 SR-2 running, among other things. The plan is to upgrade my machine to Windows 2000 (with IE 5.5 or 6) and Office 2000 (including Outlook 2000 and Word 2000). I have quite a few customizations to the settings for Word and Outlook. How can I save these settings so I won't have to do them all over again after the upgrade? I recall seeing a piece of shareware mentioned on some forum that could save this type of information. In general I would appreciate any warnings, hints and suggestions for upgrading with as little loss of production time as possible. Some people in my work group needed over a week to get back to "normal" after having this upgrade. I don't want that to happen to me. I am cross-posting this to the Word & Outlook forums, too.

Uranium Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Saving Settings - Painless System Upgrade

If you're going the upgrade route, those settings should largely be unaffected. If you visit http://office.microsoft.com there is a "Save My Settings" wizard or some such - but frankly, depending on your customizations, it would probably be best to save them separately and doa clean installation.

What kind of customizations are you referring to, specifically?
    -Mark

Lounger
    Thanks

Things like default display layouts, fonts, filters in Outlook. In Word, default toolbars, fonts, Autotext and Autocorrect stuff. I may have a few display -related customizations in IE as well. It's the ones in Word and Outlook that worry me the most.

Lounger
    Thanks

The wizard only talks about saving your Windows 2000 settings. Will it work if I have Windows NT?

Thanks

Are you thinking of this thread?