Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks

Re: disapearing e-mail prog.

A bit more info, please. You mean you want the SENT message to disappear from YOUR SENT mail folder, after the recipient has looked at it? Or you want the message at the RECEIVED end to disappear like magic ink?

Lounger
    Thanks

disapearing e-mail prog.

I am looking for a small program that will make e-mails that are sent, vannish once they have been opened one time by the person who received it.
    Thanks
    (mahalo)
    hailey
    additonal info: I would like for a e-mail message to disapear from the recipients mail/computer.

Lounger
    Thanks

i want the message and attachment if possible at the received end to disappear/vannish?

any suggestions?
    thanks
    hailey

Super Moderator
    Thanks

Hope you NEVER find one, you have no need in deleting anything from some ones machine. If do not want people to have don't send it. We do NOT need any new methods in getting into some ones machine, the trojans, virus and etc are enough to worry about.

Now running HP Pavilion a6528p, with Win7 64 Bit OS.

Thanks

Why don't you just link to a web page, the duration of which you can control.
    You are going to find it hard to defeat anyone determined to retain a copy once it is in their possession.

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks

I'm with Dave. I hope you don't find a way - it's unethical! Once you send me a message, it's MINE and you have no right to control its destiny. If you were looking for a way to clean out YOUR sent mail, there are lots of semi-programming ways to do that, but since that isn't what you're looking for......

Lounger
    Thanks

duh

thank you!! : )

3 Star Lounger
    Thanks

The arguments above were no doubt valid but sometimes one would wish to send a message for security or personal privacy (say the recipient is using a share computer) and of course the "self destruction" of the message is an arrangement mutual between the sending and receiving party. This may be an invaluable link http://www.stealthmessage.com/. The good news is that it is a free service. Like all other free services it's got conditions and limitation as well.

Super Moderator
    Thanks

The following is from http://www.stealthmessage.com/

<hr>You are solely responsible for the contents of your transmissions through SMessage. The service is intended to be used by consenting individuals. <font color=red>You are soley responsible to ensure all messages you read are from individuals you know and with whom you are using a mutually agreed upon password.</font color=red> Service is subject to all applicable local, state, national and international laws and regulations. <hr>

Not that the statement in <font color=red>RED</font color=red> states that the receiver knows about this service and has agrere with your settings. This is different from just a message being deleted by the sender.

Now running HP Pavilion a6528p, with Win7 64 Bit OS.

Thanks

There is a company which makes a big business of this, formerly named "Disappearing Inc." and now named Omniva. However, it's probably hugely expensive. If you search around for comparisons involving this company, maybe you can find something more affordable.