4 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Same Information, 2 Tables (2002/SR1)

I have a database to track registrations and volunteers for a summer camp. I have one table for the children and another for the volunteers. We provide T-shirts for all the kids and the volunteers upon request. I also have another table for T-shirt sizes. There are only 2 fields, one is a number, the other is a size. On the form for kids, and on the seperate form for volunteers, I have an option group where we select the size. All works well.

Here's the problem. I would like to be able to create a query, and then a report, with a recap of all T-shirts needed, by size. I can do this for the kids and then for the volunteers but I would like to get one report that shows everyone. How do I do this? If it's real complicated, I'll just go with 2 seperate reports, since it is a one time thing, but I'm thinking that it must be an easy thing and I'm just missing it. Thanks for any help.

4 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Same Information, 2 Tables (2002/SR1)

Don,

Try using a UNION query to combine the two tables. You may have to rename the fields in the query so that they match. For example, if your Leader table has the fields LeaderName and LeaderSize and your Kids table has the fields KidName and KidSize then your UNION query should look something like:

<font face="Georgia">SELECT LeaderName as Name, LeaderSize as Size FROM Leaders
    UNION SELECT KidName as Name, KidSize as Size FROM Kids;
    </font face=georgia>
    Then you can use this query as the source for a totals query, your report, or whatever.

Hope this helps.

4 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Same Information, 2 Tables (2002/SR1)

Tom,

It worked great. Took a little finagling to get what I wanted but now I have it exactly. Thanks so much.