New Lounger
    Thanks

Front Page & FTP (FP2000)

I've been asked to build a site but without using FP extensions so that it can be updated later without having Front Page. I don't wany to buy another program being a fan of FP2000. Is there anything I should be aware of when uploading using Front Page in FTP mode? Obviously I'll not have pages using anything needing extensions but I remember being told a while back that FrontPage wasn't reliable as an FTP agent. I can't see why but am asking for words of wisdom, please

4 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Front Page & FTP (FP2000)

Why use FP to upload when there might be a problem in that it looks for the extensions?

I used 2K. Didn't use any forms, hover buttons, etc., and had no problems using CuteFTP to upload the files I'd created in FP.

Hope that helps.

Uranium Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Front Page & FTP (FP2000)

Publishing a web is where I get into issues. That's not true FTP, there is a lot going on in the background there.

When I built a site to run on an Apache webserver, I created it in FrontPage and then used CuteFTP to transfer the entire WWW tree - lock, stock and barrel, including the _VTI_CNF folders, and it worked beautifully. A true FTP program will allow you more options than the basics that FP provides.
    -Mark