New Lounger
    Thanks

Radeon 8500LE

I bought a Radeon 8500LE made by JoyTech. I put the dumb thing in my system to replace my 100% reliable Voodoo 3. Now I've got nothing but problems. The games I want to play don't work (Diablo 2 and Jedi Knight 2) and the TV output is in black and white. I'm making progress on the games though, Diablo 2 is working ok after a lot of work. I used the TV out feature on my Voodoo a lot and it worked every time. Now with this 8500 I can see it's trying to put a picture on my TV but it's in black and white and all fuzzy. It looks to me like the signal is being sent in PAL. I've checked the software settings and it clearly says NTSC but I can't get it to work at all! Anyone else got this thing to work? 2d stuff works fine and so does DVD play on the computer monitor.
    My System:
    ABIT BP6
    Dual Celeron 500
    512M RAM
    Windows 2000 SP2

Cheers!
    Dave

Uranium Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Radeon 8500LE

Dave, I'm not going to waste your time telling you what I think of ATI. Instead, I'm going to state the obvious: make sure that you have the latest driver.

I seem to recall that OpenGL is not supported in the current driver. Have you checked ATI's support site?
    -Mark

New Lounger
    Thanks

I got it working mostly. Now I have most the games working and I can even get a color picture on my TV, but it's VERY fuzzy. The more I futz with it the better it works. I figure in a year I'll have no problems at all =)

I know what you think of ATI and I can't argue too much. I bought an All In Wonder when it first came out and it was a piece of crap. I bought this thing cuz ATI seems to have made a name for its self and I thought I'd give them a second chance. Plus I got a deal on it. At least it was a deal at the time. I found it for $30 cheaper the other day.. ARG!

Bronze Lounger
    Thanks

You might very well have a faulty card. If you haven't already tried this, see if you can install it on another system, using, natch, the latest drivers.

New Lounger
    Thanks

what is natch?

Bronze Lounger
    Thanks

..er, naturally, of course, goes without saying - whichever.

3 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Can you spell nVidia?