New Lounger
    Thanks

Captions Disappear? (Word 2000)

After I copy an Excel spreadsheet and Past Special into a Word Document I then add a Caption to the inserted table. If I subsequently make changes to the spreadsheet in Excel 2000 those changes update the Word Document automatically, as they should. BUT the update process takes out the Table Caption in Word.
    Is this a bug? Is there a workaround?
    Thanks
    Sergio

Silver Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Captions Disappear? (Word 2000)

Sergio,

I guess it might depend on how you did the Paste Special.

Unfortunately, I'm working in 97 here (have 2000 at work). I did a paste special choosing Microsoft Excel Worksheet Object with just a paste (not a paste link). I then inserted a caption in word as a separate paragraph, not part of the inserted table. Then I double clicked the Excel Object to update it. Update worked fine AND caption stayed as it was.

Maybe the workaround is to put the caption separate from the table. In fact, I can't even get the caption into the pasted table using any of the other paste special options.

Fred

Uranium Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Captions Disappear? (Word 2000)

Hi Sergio:
    I took an Excel spreadsheet, copied it to the clipboard, & then did a Paste Special/Paste Link with each of the following:

html formatted
    Worksheet object
    Formatted text
    Unformatted text
    Picture
    bitmap
    hyperlink

I put in a caption below the tables. All updated automatically & immediately except for the hyperlink (which is understandable). The updates did not destroy the Caption. Where & how are you putting the caption? Perhaps you are somehow putting it insde the table?
    Cheers,