Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks

Intercept Bold button? (W2000 SR1a)

I know how to intercept menu commands by creating appropriately named Macros.

For one particular template I need to intercept the B toolbar button, but trial and error has failed to identify the Macro name I need to use. Does anyone know how to do this?

StuartR

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Intercept Bold button? (W2000 SR1a)

Create a macro named Bold. Be aware, though, that it's language dependent (at least, it is in Word 97). Also, if you decide to make "Bold" do something else, like making selected text italic instead of bold, the button won't stay down.

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks

> it's language dependent
    Bother! I have to support (at least) English, French, German, Spanish and Portuguese.

The reason I have to do this is because we will be using a different BOLD font, so when the user makes something bold I will have to change fonts. Making these fonts bold does not affect the printed output so I can happily let it toggle the BOLD state as well.

StuartR

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks

Stuart,

As I mentioned, it's language dependent for Word 97. It might be better in Word 2000 and/or XP, but I can't check that.

You might create a central macro Bold that switches fonts and a one-instruction macro for each language. It's a nuisance, I realize, but you probably won't need any conditional code. A macro called Gras or Fett (I think that's Bold in French and German, respectively) probably won't do anything in another language, so they won't bite each other.

Sub Gras
    Call Bold()
    End Sub

Sub Fett()
    Call Bold()
    End Sub

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks

Thanks Hans,

The English one works fine, I'll get my colleagues to test the other languages and let you know how it works on Office 2000 and XP, fortunately I don't have to support Office 97.

StuartR