Star Lounger
    Thanks

One click Backup job run (Pro)

I want to be able to run specified backup jobs with a click on a Desktop icon. I know I can set up scheduled backups using MSBackup, but it seems that it starts the program without running the job, and in any case I backup in 2 operations (i.e. jobs) so I need to be able to make a selection. Apart from this I am backing up to a CD's so need to be around to make sure there's a blank CD in the drive for the 2nd operation. 2ndly, I currently use only 1 CD for each operation, but when my data gets bigger, will MSBackup ask for a 2nd CD, or just fall over? - or should I use something like WinZIP (does WinZip automatically span CD's, in the same way as it does floppies?) Do I need to write a batch file to specify parameters (i.e. job details/settings) to MSBackup?

Help please! Thanks in advance. BTW - this is on a laptop with an integral CDRW.

Lounger
    Thanks

Re: One click Backup job run (Pro)

<P ID="edit" class=small>Edited by WyllyWylly on 10-Jul-02 21:24.</P>Hello - Here's a program I've had wonderful success with. The only real requirement is that you have Adaptec (now Roxio) installed to enable you to write to CDs.

www.disk2disk.com - This program will sucessfully span multiple CDs when backing up and utilize very good compression (depending on what you're backing up).

See ya!