New Lounger
    Thanks

IE 6.0 (2600.0000)

I've been using IE 5.5, SP2 on a Win 95 pc. I now have IE 6.0 on a Win XP Home pc. How do I copy my 5.5 Favorites to IE 6.0? I've copied them into My Documents and Settings: All Users, Default User, myself, and Owner, but they won't display when I click Favorites.

Super Moderator
    Thanks

Re: IE 6.0 (2600.0000)

You should NOT be using default User, you should have your OWN account Favorites and copy them there or if you want ALL accounts to have access you copy them to the All User's account Favorites folder

Now running HP Pavilion a6528p, with Win7 64 Bit OS.

New Lounger
    Thanks

The Favorites folders under All Users, Default User, and Owner are now empty. I deleted the favorites from my account, and then copied them from a ZIP disk into my account's Favorites folder.

When I bring up IE 6.0 on the XP pc and click Favorites on the Menu Bar, I still cannot see the copied favorites. They appear in Windows Explorer and are clickable from there, but I cannot get to them from IE.

Super Moderator
    Thanks

Since you are running Windows 95 on the other machine you may need to do a "Import".

First you will need to make a file from the 95 machine, by using the Export function of the IE version you are using on 95. Copy this file to the Zip disk.
    Put your zip disk in the drive and open IE. Go to the menu, 'File, Import and Export', select import Favorites, then browse to the zip drive and select the file you made above.

New Lounger
    Thanks

It worked like a charm. Thanks for staying with this. I guess I was still in the Netscape mentality of being able to copy booknark.htm.

Super Moderator
    Thanks

When using the same OS and IE version you should be able to copy from machine to machine, I think it was the 95 that got you in trouble.