California, USA

Audio File Upsampling - Win Sound Recorder

I have a wav file which I captured in the format "PCM,16,000 Hz, 16 Bit, Mono" using RAWave Recorder. I want to upsample it to "PCM,44,100 Hz, 16 Bit, Mono" so I can burn it to a CD.

When I try to use Windows Sound Recorder (File>properties>convert now) nothing happens. By this, I mean that the program does not appear to respond (no brief dialog showing the process) and the file remains unchanged. I had success upsampling other wav files yesterday. There is plenty of room on the HDD for a larger file.

I kept trying and during one session I managed to upsample a copy to 22,050 Hz, 16 Bit, Mono. I was unable to detect any difference in this session which might have allowed the upsampling. The program now refuses to upsample this file as well.

Any ideas what I might be overlooking?

Hier sind wir tief eingewurzelt.

Uranium Lounger
    Cincinnati, Ohio, USA

Re: Audio File Upsampling - Win Sound Recorder

Dunno why that wouldn't work. I always use Winamp's DiskWriter plug-in to create WAV files, can you try that? It's free, anyway, so you're not losing anything by trying. My experience is that Windows' basic apps don't handle various file types as well, and there doesn't seem to be any clear pattern to it.