New Lounger
    Thanks

Linked EXCEL Table field shows #NUM! (2000)

I linked to an EXCEL worksheet with three columns. One filed is a number formatted as text, the other two are formatted as general. There are more than 16,000 rows in the worksheet. One of the general formatted fields shows #NUM! in any field that has a value in it. I can key a number in this field and it allows me to change it. When I look at this field in the EXCEL side, the number has an apostrophe (') preceding the number, while the other fields with numbers in them do not. Obviously I want the EXCEL worksheet to link without having to do any conversions to a *.txt file, but is that going to be possible?

Star Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Linked EXCEL Table field shows #NUM! (2000)

What are the DataTypes for those three columns in Access? (You said they're text, general, general in Excel.) If the DataType in Access is Number and it's looking at text in Excel ( '1234 ), that will produce the #NUM! error.

I usually create a column in Excel that transposes the value to a number -- "=N(B2)" or "=VALUE(B2)". You can use an Access formula to transpose the text value to a number, also, but only in a query.

New Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Linked EXCEL Table field shows #NUM! (2000)

Creating a new field with the =N(B2) worked. Thanks!