New Lounger
    Thanks

Extra email copies (Version 5.5)

A friend sends emails to several people at once. All the full email addresses for everyone receiving the email show for anyone to see. How can she send the emails showing the names only, without the full addresses showing. I have received emails showing only the other recipitents names without their addresses, so I know it can be done. Looked in Outlook express help but couldn't find answer.

2 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Extra email copies (Version 5.5)

One way to have an email go to many people all at once without showing the email addresses of each would be to have all the people in a group. That way, an email could be sent to the group and not show anyone's individual email address.
    Here's an example:
    I have a website called "The House of Hill Repute".
    I want to send an email to those people who visit it regularly. I set up an email address for "The Fans of The House of Hill Repute" using my own personal email address. Then I make up a group called "Fans" and put all the individuals into that group with their addresses.
    Now here's the neat part:
    I compose an email to be sent to "The Fans of The House Of Hill Repute" (which will come to me) and I use the BCC (blind carbon copy) to send a copy to the group called "Fans".
    An email goes out to everyone and has "The Fans of The House Of Hill Repute" in the "To" box and no one knows to whom else the email went . (except me that is) They all feel quite happy to be included as a fan and others have asked to be included as well.
    That's one way to solve your problem but It doesn't show the names of everyone the email went to as you suggested. I don't know of a way to do that.
    Jack

Thanks

Re: Extra email copies (Version 5.5)

I suspect that if you are seeing a recipient's name, their full address is in the message header somewhere (in Outlook, these could be seen using View > Options). It sounds like you are only seeing their address book "Display name".
    The way the recipient name(s) are displayed is also going to be dependent on the email client used.

The ideal answer is to use Listserver software - you send a single message to the list and a new message is created and addressed to each recipient.