Star Lounger
    Thanks

Voting not working

Outlook2000 - Exchange Server 5.5 - Windows98SE
    When applying voting does one or both of the following:
    - Doesn't open the tracking tab and/or opens it a number of hours after the mail was sent
    - Doesn't register all return votes. These are randomly registered (not until a certain point and then not; or from a certain point and then all)
    This happens in a number of stations, so user profile or specific computer problems are ruled out. It seems to be some definition either in Outlook or Exchange Server; or maybe a clash with Win98 (though this seems unlikely).
    Any suggestions will be appreciated.

Platinum Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Voting not working

voting is tabulated after the machine is idle for xx minutes - 10 i believe. tabulation only happens on RTF messages. if for any reason they arrive back as plain text, no tabulation because the tabulation information is encoded in RTF.

Star Lounger
    Thanks

Thanks for your prompt reply. Interesting ideas, and ones I'll keep in mind for future uses. However:
    1. All replies (those registered and those not) were Rich Text. It is the default format for all our stations, and I have now doubled checked the replies to make sure.
    2. I don't understand what you mean by machine idle for 10 min. Which machine? Sender? Exchange Server? And if this is the case, why is this random - the tracking tab sometimes appears immediately, sometimes does not at all, and sometimes after a few hours. It does not register until the tracking tab is up, but even when it is up, it registers randomly.
    The voting tool is very useful inside an organization, and if you have any further ideas to make it work for us we will be grateful.

Platinum Lounger
    Thanks

the machine doing the tabulating- which would be the one with outlook installed and opened.

i've never had a problem with voting, but then i don't usually have more than ten or so to tabulate. it goes pretty fast.

Star Lounger
    Thanks

I don't think the problem is speed, even though we were poling 350 to begin with and the test group is over 40. It seems to be acting up randomly.
    We have an open call in Microsoft for over 3 weeks. At first they wouldn't acknowledge the problem, saying it's a problem in the individual station. When we showed that it was in two more stations they had no ideas to date.
    I appreciate your having tried, and if you get any other ideas I can try it will always be welcome. (And if by luck or fluke we come across the answer, I'll post it.)
    Thank you again for all your help.

Platinum Lounger
    Thanks

have you looked at <A target="_blank" HREF=http://www.slipstick.com>slipstick</A>? She might have more details on it there.

Star Lounger
    Thanks

Thanks for the suggestion. I have looked at slipstick, before posting to the Lounge. Regretfully there was nothing.
    I am more and more under the impression that this problem is unique to our system, but have no idea where to begin to look for the cause/cure.