New Lounger
    Thanks

Adobe PDF within form (2002)

Hi All,
    I'd like to have an adobe acrobat *.pdf within a form and have a field of the underlying table/query reference the path of the pdf. I think what I want is an unbound OLE object frame and use VBA to modify the file it uses as each record is made current. I don't particularly want Acrobat menus to appear on the form ala displaying pdf's in Internet explorer using the activeX control. Rather just a frame with maybe a couple of sliders if the document is to big for the form. Is this possible? I've mucked around with the OLE object control but all I can accomplish is to insert an Adobe Acrobat icon in the form that does nothing in form view, but opens the referenced document when double clicked in design view ?!?

Any help greatly appreciated,

Ryan

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Adobe PDF within form (2002)

You can put an "Acrobat Control for ActiveX" on your form (click the "More controls" button on the toolbox, wait until the list pops up and select the Acrobat Control). Name it for instance ctlAcrobat.

Put a text field in your table that holds the path+file name of the pdf file. Say this field is named AcrobatPath. Make sure this field is in the record source of your form.

In the OnCurrent event of the form, add the following line:

Me.ctlAcrobat.src = Me.AcrobatPath

You'll get the Acrobat tool bar, scroll bars and status bar.

New Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Adobe PDF within form (2002)

Thanks Hans, I'll give it a try.