New Lounger
    Thanks

ListRows property (2000)

I have a form which contains a combo box used to select a name and address. The rowsource of the combo box is based on a query of all names and addresses currently existing in the database. If the name/address doesn't show up in the combo box list on the form, the user can then enter in a new name/address. Therefore, the name and address list keeps growing. The maximum number of records allowed in the ListRows property of the form is 255. I just reached the max and don't know how to get around this. Does anyone have any suggestions?
    I need to

Bronze Lounger
    Thanks

Re: ListRows property (2000)

The ListRows property applies to the combo box, not the form. It refers to the maximum number of rows to display when the combo box list drops down, not to the maximum number of items it can list. A combo box can list a maximum of 2 ^ 16 or 65,536 items, you just can't display all of them at once (nor would you want to). Unless you have over 65,536 addresses in your table you should not be concerned about adding new ones.

HTH

New Lounger
    Thanks

Re: ListRows property (2000)

Thanks for the clarification on the ListRows property. My combo box stopped working and coincidently it was when the list reached 255 records, so I thought for sure that was the problem. I had a backup database I went back to, and things are working fine now. Evidently it must've gotton corrupted.
    Thanks again!
    Donna