New Lounger
    Thanks

Form Fields (2000/SR1)

Help! I am creating a form-based checklist where I use drop-down form-fields to offer several reply choices including 'NOT APPLICABLE' to questions asked. In all cases except 'NOT APPLICABLE' the person creating the form will select the appropriate response and 'Tab' to the next field and have the same choices. What I would like to be able to do is where 'NOT APPLICABLE' is chosen, the cursor would automatically hop to an adjacent text form field to allow an explanation to be written. When completed, the person would then 'Tab' to the next question.

The checklist will consist of 20 or 30 such questions and associated response fields so could I copy whatever is needed from field to field? I must admit to knowing practically nothing about code so any help would be very much appreciated.

John Hunting
    Forres, Scotland

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Form Fields (2000/SR1)

I think Knowledge Base article Q212378 will give you some ideas on how to do this.

New Lounger
    Thanks

Thank you for the rapid response. Q212378 looks very interesting and rather complicated but it appears to be about 'Tabbing Order' and does not seem to answer the question that I posted.

John Hunting
    Forres, Scotland

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks

Ok, try the attached document. It contains a macro based on the KB example that is used on exit of the first and second dropdown list.

The dropdown lists are named L01, L02, etc. The text fields are named T01, T02 etc. The macro will work for dropdown lists up to L99.
    Attached Files Attached Files

New Lounger
    Thanks

I downloaded the file but it appeared to do nothing but generate a Compile Error - Ambiguous name detected: SetOnes. So I guess I am doing something wrong.

I doubt I would have understood what I was supposed to do with what you sent to me even if it had worked. I did say that I knew practically nothing about code and that includes macros! I really do appreciate your efforts but it looks like I shall have to forget my original plans. Thanks again.

Regards,

John Hunting
    Forres, Scotland

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks

John,

I'm sorry I couldn't help you. I made the document in Word 97. This may cause problems with references, but I don't think it's useful to pursue that now. AFAIK, your wish can't be fulfilled without macros/coding.

Regards,
    Hans

New Lounger
    Thanks

Hans,

I am more than willing to use macros etc if I know what to do with them!

Once again thanks for your efforts.

John