Lounger
    Thanks

Changing Configuration (2000 Sp1)

I am trying to get an old PC ready for one of our employees to use at home while on maternity leave. This PC used to be configured for connecting to an exchange server here in the office. I have tried everything I can think of to reconfigure this thing to Internet Mail/home user configuration with no luck.

Uninstalling and reinstalling just defaults back to the workgroup load. The "options" menu item is greyed out. How do I get the workgroup hooks out of Outlook?

-rich

Thanks

Re: Changing Configuration (2000 Sp1)

I'm not sure you need to do anything other than rebuild the profile, but you can change from "Corporate or Workgroup" mode to "Internet Only" mode using Toos|Options...|Mail Services|Reconfigure Mail Support... - surely not the most obvious button caption!
    Attached Images Attached Images

Thanks

Uh-oh, options menu is grayed out. I assume this is not a "Policy" set in the Registry. Did the uninstall not blow away all the existing profiles? Maybe you need to clear away any old account settings from the Registry. Other posts on this board have given the relevant locations.

Lounger
    Thanks

Thanks for the reply. Unfortunately, your suggestion doesn't work because the Options option was not available. However, I did figure out the problem. We had eliminated all PST's while the machine was in workgroup mode. I had to create a new PST for the internet only email user and voila.