3 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Screen Saver Password won't save timing

I have a friend with Win ME 4.90.3000, AMD Althion Processor, 384 MB RAM.

I was helping her set up a screen saver password, so people would be unable to access her machine when she walks away for a while. The screen saver password area was grayed out, so we went into settings, put in a password, and put in a 20 minute timing in the only place available for it, on the main screen. However, every time she turns off the machine, the timing reverts to the default of 2 minutes again.

Does anyone know how to make the password timing stick? She already has a password to get onto the machine itself, but we wish to put in this additional protection.

Thank you,
    Julia Henson

Thanks

Re: Screen Saver Password won't save timing

I believe not every screensaver can be password-protected, so by trying to force it to use a password, it may not be accepting other changes.
    Can you test another SS that will accept passwords and see if it will retain the timeout setting?

3 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Hi, Leif,
    Thanks for the response. I don't know anyone else with Win ME. I have Win98. Her did take a password, and it does come up correctly. Only problem is, after she has shut down and comes back up, it loses the 20 minute setting and defaults back to the 2 minutes, so every time she pulls up, she has to go in and re-do it.

Thank you,
    Julia

3 Star Lounger
    Thanks

I checked with my friend. Turns out that the password timing is changing even while she is still working on the computer. Does anyone know the procedure to make the password timing stay what she sets it?
    Thank you,