Lounger
    Thanks

Resource Scheduling (XP with SP1)

We have about a dozen resources set up on our Exchange Server (e.g., Meeting Rooms, Laptops, etc), which people have to book if they want to use. We have set up these resources 'by the book' so that they Automatically Accept Appointments. There are 2 Delegates for these Resources, and the Author permissions have been assigned to these 2 users.

Our question is this: Shouldn't Outlook automatically delete messages from the In Box after it accepts appointments, etc? If I 'Open Other Users Folder': Resource, I can see that there are multiple Meeting Appointments that haven't been removed (or even opened) in the Resource's In Box. My hunch is that these meetings were sent after the 2 Delegates went home, and as their PCs weren't left on (I've told them not to shut down their PCs, but they forget), Outlook hasn't Automatically Accepted these.

Other than this, is there any other possible reason why these aren't being accepted/deleted from the In Box?

Any thoughts on the matter would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks heaps in advance. [img]/forums/images/smilies/smile.gif[/img]

5 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Resource Scheduling (XP with SP1)

Our resources delete the requests. You might check Tools | Options | email options, Advanced button. If "Delete meeting request..." is not checked, check it.

G'luck!

Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Resource Scheduling (XP with SP1)

I've gone in and tripple checked these. Each Resource did have the 'Delete Meeting Request' check box checked.

???

Thanks for the suggestion. [img]/forums/images/smilies/smile.gif[/img]