New Lounger
    Thanks

.JPG and DC8.exe

On one PC (WinNT4sp6) when the user tries to open a .jpg file the system generates an error message that states that DC8.exe cannot be located and opens a browse dialogue to aid in locating this file. DC8.exe does not exist on this PC nor anywhere else on approximately 20 PC's on my network. I cannot find any references to DC8.exe anywhere on the MSKB. A google search on DC8.exe comes up empty. The icon on a .jpg file on the afflicted machine does not seem to indicate any association yet right-clicking on the file offers only the "open" option rather than the "open with" dialog. ...Any ideas?

Thanks in advance
    Gord

4 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Re: .JPG and DC8.exe

Try Shift-Right-clicking on the icon to bring up the option for Open With... Try associating .jpg with the correct application that way...I know the users at my office have accidentally associated applications with Acrobat Reader, since it's the first choice on the Open With list.

Hope this helps!
    Becky

New Lounger
    Thanks

Re: .JPG and DC8.exe

Hi Becky

Thinks for the shift-right-click tip. (I didn't know about that one.) I rebuilt the .jpg to MS Photo Editor association and voila! ...one happy user and I got to be the man-of-the-minute.

Best regards
    Gord