3 Star Lounger
    Thanks

find print job source

On a networked printer in a warehouse, I have a user who was sent a vulgar message anonymously. Is there anyway to determine where the print job originated from? The printer is an HP LaserJet 4050N and the print server is a machine running Netware 5.0. I am not a MCSE, just a humble Excel hack, thus the question. Also there didn't seem to be a board to direct this to other than the Exchange Server board. I have asked the IT contract group who supports my facility and they said that they were not aware of any way to trace the message once it was printed.

Thanks in advance for any assistance,

Brent

2. Get our unique weekly Newsletter with tips and techniques, how to's and critical updates on Windows 7, Windows 8, Windows XP, Firefox, Internet Explorer, Google, etc. Join our 480,000 subscribers!

Excel 2013: The Missing Manual

+ Get this BONUS — free!

Get the most of Excel! Learn about new features, basics of creating a new spreadsheet and using the infamous Ribbon in the first chapter of Excel 2013: The Missing Manual - Subscribe and download Chapter 1 for free!

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks

Re: find print job source

I suspect it depends on how you have configured auditing on your netware server. If you use a Windows print server then you can enable auditing of successful print jobs, but this is not done by default. Assuming that Netware has something similar you could set it up now, and catch the culprit next time.

StuartR

3 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Re: find print job source

Thanks Stuart for the information. My team leader wants me to try to pick up as many systems administration tasks for our LAN/WAN as I can in order to reduce contractor time. I appreciate your response.

Brent