New Lounger
    Thanks

Addressing Envelopes (Office Professional 2000)

I don't know how to address customers envelopes. I have over 60 customers who receive newsletters monthly and the method I am using now is too slow i.e using the contacts list in outlook, and one by one, using the tools / envelopes in word. There must be a more efficient way. These customers are the same and added to each month.

Please help.

3 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Addressing Envelopes (Office Professional 2000)

Your best bet would be to do a mail merge from Contacts to Word. In Contacts, select the contacts you want to mail to. Then click on the Tools menu and choose Mail Merge. Make sure "Only selected contacts" is checked in the upper left-hand corner, and change the document type in the lower left-hand corner to envelopes. You should be able to follow the prompts on the screen to complete the merge - it's a pretty simple process. This should save you a whole lot of time.

Lee Morgan

3 Star Lounger
    Thanks

You know, I rather glibly said you should be able to follow the prompts to run the merge, but after thinking about that, if you have no idea of what a mail merge does, that may be a bit optimistic. If you need more help than this, e-mail me privately, and I'll send you some stepped-out instructions I have on how to do this.

Lee Morgan

KTYorke

Lee,
    We get all kinds here looking for all levels of help... following <!rule=10>Rule 10<!/rule>, if anyone does need further instruction, it would be best to keep it on the lounge for all to see and learn from.
    have fun