2 Star Lounger
    Thanks

disabling command bars (Access 2000)

Disabling menus and command bars in the OnOpen event.

What kind of code may i put in the OnOpen event of the main form, so that to prevent the use of all the possiblities to look at the other forms
    tables and modules in the database? I see it as disabling all menu bars and command bars on the screen and then the user will be forced to use only
    the controls selected on the main form.I have seen some professional made databases where i have no access to the modules and forms inside the database
    and i would like to achieve that in my database too.Is it possible?

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks

Re: disabling command bars (Access 2000)

On the Tools-->Startup menu, turn off Display Database Window, Allow Built-in Toolbars, and Allow Toolbar/Menu Changes. Also click on the Advanced button and turn off Use Access Special Keys. If you build custom menubars and set each form and reports' menubar or toolbar property to a custom menubar or toolbar, then those will show up when the form or report is opened. The change in startup options occurs the next time you open the database.

Having no modules or forms in the database is accomplished through libraries and add-ins.
    Charlotte

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks

Re: disabling command bars (Access 2000)

As an addition to Charlotte's reply:

When your database has been developed completely, you can create a .mde database from it (Tools/Database Utilities) and distribute this to your end users. There is no access to the design of forms, reports and modules in a .mde database.
    Note: this means you must keep a copy of the .mdb database for further development, because even the developer can't modify forms etc. in a .mde database. After each update, you'll have to re-create the .mde database and distribute it.