Thanks

HTML vs. RTF Format (Outlook 2000 SR1-a)

I generally need to send emails in HTML format, so I've set that as the default in Outlook 2000. However, I get a few emails that would look better if RTF were the default. It is a pain to switch back and forth. Is there a way to make Outlook use HTML as the sending default, but RTF as the reading / receipt default? Probably not, but maybe there's some way to program a button on a toolbar to switch back and forth? I think Outlook has VBA, but I'm not sure if it can record. Any suggestions? Thx.

-Rich.

Platinum Lounger
    Thanks

Re: HTML vs. RTF Format (Outlook 2000 SR1-a)

no, you can't easily change the format on incoming messages, and when you do it can mess up the message, especially if it's HTML with links etc. Thoseare really unreadable.

why would RTF improve some messages? i use chilton preview to read in the preview pane and can change the view to RTF - it helps some, especially on HTML since it can't display HTML, but it doesn't help at all on plain text messages.

Thanks

Sorry. I don't think I was clear in my first message. I don't want to change the format of an incoming message. What I want to do is change the way Outlook displays certain messages. They can retain their format. If you go into Tools, Options, Mail Format, you can select HTML, RTF, or Plain Text as the default. I'd like to be able to switch between HTML and RTF without having to click through so many menus. That's what I'm looking for. Thx. -Rich.

Platinum Lounger
    Thanks

what you see is the format... there isn't a "view only" format and a separate message format.

you can customize the toolbars to bring the menus closer.

Silver Lounger
    Thanks

Can't you just add them as Toolbar buttons as well?

Star Lounger
    Thanks

You can keep your default as HTML. Then when you want to send in RTF, click on Actions, New Mail Message Using, trace over and down to Microsoft Outlook Rich Text Format. I find this is really handy.