New Lounger
    Thanks

Report ? (Access 2000)

I'm fairly new to Access and have what I hope is a simple question. I have a Datebase Application that I'm designing to replace an Excel nightmare. I've created a report (via wizard) that displays all the comments dealing with all the players. A little background... I have a Players table in which I store a PlayerID, FirstName, and LastName. I then have a comments table which has a CommentID, PlayerID (to refer the comment to the particular Player), and of course the Comment. What I would like to accomplish is to come up with a report that asks me which player I would like to see all comments for and display only that players comments on the report. Thanks so much beforehand, as any assistance is much appreciated!!!

Gold Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Report ? (Access 2000)

Open the report in design view.
    Select the report and open the property window.
    On the tab Data property Filter enter :
    PlayerID = [Enter players ID:]
    Set the Filter On property to Yes.
    Run the report and enter the players id when asked.
    Francois

New Lounger
    Thanks

Francois:

Thank you sooo much!!! It worked perfectly!! One other quick question if you don't mind. As a result of linking the PlayerID to the comments, I believe I can have the report only ask for the PlayerID to display the modified reports. But would it be possible to display the Players last name and then have it come up with the modified report? Again, thank you for all of your help!!

Gold Lounger
    Thanks

No, you can use all fields that are on the report. If you need to filter on a field that you don't need on the report, you can always add the field to the report and set his Visible property to No. Then you can also filter on this field.
    Francois