For the second time in the past 3 weeks, I've had to reformat my C: drive and reinstall WinME. The reinstall went well and I got all my apps reinstalled and updated then decided to go ahead and download and install IE 6.0. Got past all the downloading and started into the installation of components and got to the 63% complete level and it stayed there for 2 and a half hours. I cancelled the installation and waited for it to clean up after itself and restarted the system per instructions. When it came back up it told me that installation was incomplete and I chose not to continue with the installation. When I started the browser I had trouble connection (Page not found); so I went thru START/SHUTDOWN/RESTART. When it came back up the browser loaded and connected me to the www. When I check HELP/ABOUTIE I find that the version is 6.0.2600.0000! Now Outlook won't log in to my e-mail server. I deleted and readded my e-mail accounts to no avail. I went to and accessed a couple dozen messages so the server is working properly. I'm about ready to uninstall Outlook and reinstall it, but thought I'd access the collective wisdom here first lest I hose ME again.

All suggestions greatly appreciated and gratefully accepted.