3 Star Lounger
    Thanks

CardFile to Outlook (Outlook 2000)

Has anyone ever imported information from card file? We have people still using it right now, but when we convert to Outlook this fall, we want to import their card file (.crd) information into Outlook. Does anyone know a quick or easy way of doing this?

3 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Re: CardFile to Outlook (Outlook 2000)

<P ID="edit" class=small>(Edited by Leif on 07-Jan-03 15:30. to make link to KB article live.)</P>I'll reply myself because I actually found an answer, and I thought it might help somone in the future:
    Microsoft Knowledge Base has an article. Article number 180479 on converting Windows Cardfile file to Outlook. They go through a whole series of steps, the basis of which is to get the cardfile files into a format Outlook can import. Then at the bottom of the article is mention of a freeware utility that converts Cardfile databases into tab-delimited text files that can then be imported into Outlook. The utility is called transfil.exe and is archived in a zip file named cardxlt2.zip. I'll attach the zip file here, but it is also available from the author:
    Peter Horn
    43 Trevor Road
    Lansdowne 7764
    Republic of South Africa

Tel and Fax: +27 +21 696-1983
    Email: hornpete@uctvax.uct.ac.za (don't know if this is still a vailid email address)
    Attached Files Attached Files