2 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Mail Merge Trouble

I am having trouble with a mail merge in Word 2000. I have created a data source (a word table with header rows) and now I want to make mailing labels. I opened a new document and went to the mail merge, mailing labels, etc. and did all the stuff I was supposed to do. Then, when I go to print it comes out with first the bar code (correct) and then just the names of the fields. THe next label has <next record> at the top and then a bar code and the name of the fields. I retried to do this and then got only the first label with everything else blank. On repeated tries I get the same 2 outcomes. I thought I did everything according to Hoyle. I guess not. Can anyone help

Uranium Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Mail Merge Trouble

Hi:

When you see the "single" label, you should see a toolbar above it. One of the icons looks like this

<<rec>>

If you click it, you will see that it cycles through your names. Also, in your merged document (the final product), it appears that you have field codes turned on. Press Alt+F9 & you will see your document without field codes.

Finally, go to Tools/Options/Print & tick update fields & under "Include with document", untick "field codes".

Hope this helps.