New Lounger
    Thanks

Form Question (Access 2000)

I have a Comments table with the following structure...

CommentID (autonumber)
    PlayerID (number)
    Comment (memo)
    ToDo (memo)
    ToDo2 (memo)
    ToDo3 (memo)
    ToDo4 (memo)
    DateEntered (date/time)

Now I have a form in which I'm displaying the ID, the player, date, comment and one todo box. Is it possible to add a button that reads for example (Add More ToDo's) to pull up additional To Do boxes? Thanks so much beforehand. If there is a better way, I would definitely love to hear it. Basically the user sometimes has more than one ToDo to list for a player. I need to display this in a report later on, so I need to have it entered in the DB in an organized way. Thank you so much beforehand for any help with this!!!

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Form Question (Access 2000)

I would split the table.

Keep CommentID, PlayerID, DateEntered in one table. CommentID should be the primary key
    Put CommentID, ToDo in a second table. You can add an autonumber ToDoID as primary key
    Link the tables on CommentID. Enforce referential integrity, and cascading updates.

Now, create a form based on the first table and a form based on the second table. The latter can be a continuous form.
    Put the second form on the first form as a subform, and link them (master/child fields) on CommentID. This way, the subform will only display ToDo's for the CommentID current in the main form, and CommentId will be entered automatically into new records in the subform.

New Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Form Question (Access 2000)

Thank you very very much!!!