New Lounger
    Thanks

Networked IE 5.5 Won

I am using IE 5.5 (with tools, patches and plug-ins) and Windows 98 SR 1 (with all patches and security updates) on an Ethernet home network using WinProxy 3.0 and ZoneAlarm 2.1. I have a cable modem; the ISP is @Home.com.

Two client computers can not connect to some Web sites; the attempts get timed out at about one minute. However, the host computer connects quickly to all sites.

The number of sites that can not be displayed is gradually increasing. They include Google but not other search engines; many, but not all, medical journals; and recently, Windows Update.

I have successively changed all security and firewall settings in IE 5, WinProxy and ZoneAlarm, and even tried to connect to the sites with ZoneAlarm shut down and without the WinProxy firewall, without success.

I have

5 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Networked IE 5.5 Won

Caveat... I use Netscape primarily. However, I do use IE 5.5 from work (and I'm not there today).

>>The number of sites that can not be displayed is gradually increasing.

Have you checked your cache on those machines? (Tools / Internet Options / General / Temporary Internet Files area, Settings button. Also, maybe try cleaning the temporary internet folder.
    Karen

New Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Networked IE 5.5 Won

Thanks for the advice. I have commands in autoexec.bat that delete all cookies, history and temporary internet files at start-up, and also use TweakUI to delete the temporary files when the browser is closed.

However, it's the proxy server software, not the browser. I set my host computer to connect to the Internet using the proxy server and got the same behavior; it does not happen when I "connect" directly via the cable modem. I'll try Ositis support.

AGW