Thanks

Adobe ACrobat (4.05)

I am creating a documnet in Adobe Acrobat, and need a way to know that the others who have viewed the document. In my tests, I noted that when I signed the document the digital signature was there, but when I changed the document and just did a save w/o digitally signing it as most people would do, the signature had been "X"'d out. Any Suggestions would be appreciated as I know that most of these people will not have digital signature capability.
    thanks
    John
    Thanks John
    Teamwork is essential; it gives the enemy other people to shoot at. (Murphy's War Laws #39)

3 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Adobe ACrobat (4.05)

If your recipients don't have the ability to digitally sign a .pdf, I assume that means they don't have anything more than the Acrobat Reader, which allows you to view and print .pdf files only. It sounds to me like you're looking for a way to automate the review process in the same vein that Outlook's Read Receipt feature sends you notification when the recipient has read your e-mail, but even the full version of Acrobat doesn't have this capability (nor does any type of document editor that I know of). Something like an online collaboration space/extranet may include this type of feature (i.e. intranets.com). Maybe if you provide some more details about what kind of problem you're trying to solve, other ideas will come to the surface.

Thanks

Adobe sells an inexpensive product called Acrobat Approval, which corresponds to Acrobat 5.0. According to Adobe's version comparison, it allows others to electronically sign Acrobat documents. However, I have no idea what that means if they don't have a signature to use...

3 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Acrobat has an internal signature tool called Adobe Self-Sign Security, which is the default signature handler. You can also use third-party handlers that are compatible with Acrobat - they are listed on the Adobe site.

3 Star Lounger
    Thanks

So why use acrobat? Make it a word document, protect it with a password so it cannot be changed, and then route it to the users, with Track Status ticked. You will get a confirmation when each person has read it.
    David Grugeon
    Brisbane Australia