New Lounger
    Thanks

Outlook is dead, still (OfficeXP, 2000, 97)

While playing with folder permissions in XP I managed to hose Outlook (who knows how). I've reinstalled Windows XP, upgraded from Home to Professional, deleted and reinstalled Office XP several times, went back to Office 2000, then all the way back to Office 97, all in an effort to get Outlook to work. No luck. Under XP Outlook would start, but when I clicked Send/Receive I was told I don't have permission to perform this task -- yes, I have administrator rights. Now under Outlook 97 I'm told "Unable to open default mail folders...MAPI was unable to load the infromation service PSTPRX.DLL" Anyone have any idea what I need to do to get Outlook working again?

Platinum Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Outlook is dead, still (OfficeXP, 2000, 97)

It may be that you have denied yourself access to the default folder for Outlook storage. Try Documents and Settings[username]Local SettingsApplication DataMicrosoftOutlook and see what your rights to this folder are. If they are restricted, then try changing them to Full Control and see whether your problems persist. HTH
    Gre

New Lounger
    Thanks

Thanks for the response. I think you may have touched on something. I was trying to get to local settingsapplication data folders (which are hidden in windows explorer when I screwed up Outlook. Since these folders are hidden I was trying to change the permissions to allow me to view them when I discovered my Outlook dilemma. I still cannot view these folders. How do I make them "viewable"? Thanks again...

Platinum Lounger
    Thanks

Control Panel|Folder Options. Make sure that the radio button "View all files and folders" is selected. HTH
    Gre