Banned Member
    Thanks

Partition Magic (XP Pro)

Ok I now have Part. Magic.If i install this on my computer will it mess with my C: drive(Primary Master Drive} Or during the install does it ask me some where which Hard Drive I want to Partition?Because I was afraid to install thinking it would just see the Hard Drive it Installed to.I want to Partition My D: Drive ( 4G HD )And also I already have my Page Files on The D: Drive, Do i need to move them back to my C: Drive before I do This?

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Partition Magic (XP Pro)

Installing Partition Magic doesn't cause it to "do" anything, Cowboy. It will just install the software and add itself to your Start Menu. When you later run it, you'll see a graphical interface showing your drives and YOU have to choose what you want to do and which drive you want to do it to.

Just be careful. And read the documentation a little before you start. Good luck.....

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks

I didn't finish answering your question. So, you've set the disk drive letters so your 4 gig drive is Drive D: and you've set the Windows page file on that drive. I assume you're going to take Mark's suggestion and make a 1 gig partition on that drive for the page file only, is that right?

Whether or not you can do it without moving the page file back to C: depends on how BIG the current page file is. It would have been better if you did the partitioning before you setup the page file. Partition Magic will let you set, change or delete partitions as long as the space you want to do it in is EMPTY. When you run Partition Magic and look at the visual for Drive D you should see a color scheme that tells you how much space is currently empty. If it doesn't meet what you want to do with partitioning, you'd better move the swap file back to C first. REBOOT.

One curiosity: you said in your post "Page Files." You only have one, don't you?

Banned Member
    Thanks

Thanks Bigaldoc.As for as Page File Or Files***Hell if i know. Im knew to this stuff.If you Say Page File Thats good enough for me.