Thread: Events ??

Lounger
    Thanks

Events ??

Please pardon the double post. This question has also been posted in the Access Forum.
    __________________________________________________ __________

I am a real VBA newbie! I am writing a small application containing several tables and forms. For one form in particular, I want to prevent the creation of duplicate records. I have coded a dlookup command in the "Before Update" event for a combo box control. This is working correctly. My problem is that even though I am setting cancel = -1 when I detect that a record has been found via the dlookup, I can't seem to cancel the insertion of the record.

Can anyone point me in the direction of a good web resource that discusses all VBA events and the order in which they are triggered? I really need to read up on this to understand fully. Any suggestions to cancel the insertion of the duplicate record would also be greatly appreciated.

Thanks, in advance.

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Events ??

I posted a <A target="_blank" HREF=http://www.wopr.com/cgi-bin/w3t/showflat.pl?Cat=&Board=acc&Number=16694&page=0&vie w=collapsed&sb=5>reply</A> in the Access forum, so I'm locking this thread in VB/VBA.
    Charlotte