3 Star Lounger

automating export

I synchronise outlook between 3 computers - work desktop, small old laptop and home desktop. I find the export process very cumbersome. Below is a typical example of what I have to do:

Export - Export to another file - pst file - Calendar - Filter - appointments created - on or after yesterday's date - appointments modified on or after yesterday's date - do not export duplicates (so all my recurring appointments don't go) - OK - Export - Export to another file - pst file - Tasks - tasks modified on or after yesterday's date - tasks created on or after yesterday's date - OK (so that duplicates are exported and completions noted).

Is there any way to automate this sequence?

There is another problem, which is when I drag and drop an appointment to another day, it is not exported using the above settings.

Importing is also laborious, although less so.

It may be that I should not be using Outlook, as I only use it as a glorified diary (because I need multiple accounts and identities for email so use OE and WAB), but my internet access is not good enough to use a web based diary, and I have no particular desire to shell out more cash.

Platinum Lounger
    Roanoke area, Virginia, USA

Re: automating export

if the file sizes are not too big to copy the entire pst, just copy the pst and file > open it.

if your internet access was better you could use web calendars for syncing - or just use web calendars [img]/w3timages/icons/smile.gif[/img]

i don't suppose you own works4.5 or later? it's calendar is pretty decent and some good shareware calendars exist, if that's all you use OL for.