2 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Prob replying to a post

There is a similarly titled thread on down this forum but I think my prob is different. I'm using Netscrape 7, so that may be part of the issue. I like it, though.

I logged into the Index and then into the Powerpoint forum. I opened Tabbed views for a number of interesting threads. After viewing the threads, I created a new post. That required me to go through login. I successfully created the new post and then went back to one of the Tabs. It was a thread on how to lock a PPT presentation to prevent editing. I decided to add a comment and clicked the reply button (which the balloon-help labeled 'Login and Reply'). A new Netscape window opened and it was my Controls page. I was correctly identified as pwright2 on the page. Mystifying. I closed the page and tried again. Same result. I returned to my newly created thread and added a reply. That worked. I went back to the 'lock presentation' thread and tried it again. Still the Controls page. I logged out. Logged back in. Clicked Reply. Now it worked.

Strange, no?

Thanks

Re: Prob replying to a post

Once you go back to a page you viewed before you logged in, it still thinks you haven't logged in. If you log in or make a post and then go back to a previously viewed page, just click on your refresh button or hit your F5 key and you'll be straight.