drabeach

Outlook Today & MSNBC Outlook mal functioning

MSNBC Outlook loads customized MSNBC info into Outlook Today (O2k-sp2). It suddenly stopped working correctly and, worse, when I removed it, the standard Outlook Today content doesn't reappear.
    Detect and Repair gives me this error message:
    "error 1931: Program Filescommon filesMicrosoft sharedvgxvgx.dll is protected by Windows. You may need to update your OS for this program to work correctly." I clicked "OK" and it completed the operation, saying it was successful. No Change in problem, even after reinstalling W2K-sp1.
    I tried reinstalling o2k-sp2, without removing it, No error 1931 message during reinstall, but no change in Outlook Today problem.
    I then tried the Detect and Repair again; same error message; no change in Outlook Today.
    I am running a stand alone with: W2K-sp1; O2k-sp2
    Pentium III 500; 256mb RAM;
    Any suggestions would be much appreciated.
    Thanks.

Platinum Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Outlook Today & MSNBC Outlook mal functioning

you need to edit the registry.

from the outlook today document at
    <A target="_blank" HREF=http://www.microsoft.com/office/ork/2000/appndx/toolbox.htm#outtoday>http://www.microsoft.com/office/ork/2000/a...ox.htm#outtoday</A>

HKEY_CURRENT_USERSoftwareMicrosoftOffice9.0
    OutlookToday
    needs to have nothing in customurl
    and
    url should be
    "Res://C:Program FilesMicrosoft OfficeOffice1033Outlwvw.dll/outlook.htm"

drabeach

Re: Outlook Today & MSNBC Outlook mal functioning

Thank you, Mary. I am very impressed with your information and with the speed of your reply! This was the 1st time that I have seen the o2k ToolKit or edited the registry in w2k. An interesting experience.
    *I changed CustomUrl:REG_SZutlook4.htm to CustomUrl:REG_SZ
    *I added: Url:REG_SZ:Res://C:Program FilesMicrosoft OfficeOffice1033Outlwvw.dll/outlook.htm
    Nothing changed in Outlook Today. I forgot to mention error messages in Outlk Today:
    *Internet Explorer Script Error:
    Line: 438
    Char: 2
    Error: unspecified
    Code: 0
    Url: res://C:|Program FilesMicrosoft OfficeOffice1033 Outlwvw.dll/custom.htm
    Clicked "yes" *
    * "Activex control on this page might be unsafe to interact with other parts of the page. Do you want to allow this interaction?
    Outlook Today seems to be stuck wanting to download MSNBCO2K, even though that program is no longer installed.
    Thank you, again, for your help.