New Lounger
    Thanks

Update 300 documents quickly (Word 2000 & 2002 (xp))

Our 300 documents have our old company logo in the header. Each image is embedded, not referenced, in a table.

I am experiencing an "inability to do page numbering" when opening the documents created with XP. (see below)

I found the following on www.bugnet.com: "In Microsoft Word 2002, if a table is inserted into a header or footer section of a Word document, and a drawing object is inserted into one of its cells, Word may lose the ability to do page numbering. All displayed and printed page numbers may turn to zero. As a workaround, take the drawn object out of the table cell and insert it directly into the header or footer."

Is there a way to update the header and replace the old logo with the new logo for the 300 documents without going through each document one by one?

PS I've already tried "Templates and Add-Ins" - it can only updates the styles and macros.

Thanks

Re: Update 300 documents quickly (Word 2000 & 2002 (xp))

Someone did request and receive assistance with a similar "logo switch" request, either on this board or the VB/VBA board; in that case, the logo may have been referred to as a watermark. Your case is a little more complicated, because the graphic is in a table and, I gather, needs to be reinserted outside of the table but in a similar position? If you can list the steps to do this manually, it should not be difficult to write a macro (VBA procedure) to do it automatically. Whether it makes more sense for you to sit around opening and editing 300 documents, or to provide a global template that individual users can use to update the documents as needed, is a separate issue.

New Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Update 300 documents quickly (Word 2000 & 2002 (xp))

Thank you for your advice. Very good of you to figure out: "the graphic is in a table and, I gather, needs to be reinserted outside of the table but in a similar position?" The Macro will not work for all the documents - but it will on quite a few. Thank you again.