Star Lounger
    Thanks

paste B&W PPT slide into Word in Office XP? (Word

For years -- through Office 97 and 2000 -- I've done the following to paste B&W versions of PPT slides into a Word document:
    1) select B&W view in PPT
    2) switch to slide sorter view
    3) copy a slide
    4) paste into Word (as an alternative, dragging and dropping with the CTRL key down accomplishes the last two steps)

The slide ends up in the Word doc in living black and white just as I intended. Today I tried this time-honored sequence in Office XP for the first time -- and Word does not preserve B&W, it reverts to color.

Other than payoffs from color printer vendors, I can't think of a good reason for MS to assume I want everything pasted in color!

I've tried paste special, I've tried pasting into text boxes and tables -- the result is always full, glorious color.

Any suggestions??
    thanks

Thanks

Re: paste B&W PPT slide into Word in Office XP? (Word

I posted a macro/presentation on the PowerPoint board that you can use to drain the color out of a presentation. Regrettably, this might be your only option in PowerPoint 2002. The posts were in a thread about the Send To Microsoft Word command, I believe. If you have trouble finding it, let me know.

Star Lounger
    Thanks

Re: paste B&W PPT slide into Word in Office XP? (Word

I do remember seeing the macro on a previous foray to the fora on a color-related issue.

I'll take another look at your macro, but it is really annoying that something so simple has gone away. (What? You mean someone is annoyed by something that Microsoft has done! How unusual...)