New Lounger
    Thanks

Connecting to Exchange when not in same domain? (Outlook 200)

Hi,

Ok, I am working remotely and my domain has changed.
    I am using a Mobile VPN Client to connect to the main office and my OS is NT.

I am unable to change the domain on my machine to match the new domain name. This is because when you change the domain on NT it asks you to reboot and then you try and logon to said domain and since my VPN is not up and running at logon time, I cannot connect to the domain.

So, is there a way to reconfigure Outlook to look on a different domain from my domain? Or how do I set up Outlook to find the Exchange server in the new domain?

Thanks,
    *:> Scott

New Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Connecting to Exchange when not in same domain

Nevermind. They had changed the name of the Exchange Server and had neglected to tell me.

"Everything is Ok, everything is fine now..... How are you?"

*:> Scott

Lounger
    Thanks

for future reference

To access your e-mail using a different domain account. open the properties for Outlook, show profiles, double click on your profile, open Exchange server properties, go to Advanced tab, change Log On Network Security to None. Next time you launch Outlook, you will prompted to enter a password. At which point you can also change the username and domain name.

New Lounger
    Thanks

Re: for future reference

Thanks but even when I had NT Authentication checked the dialog box asking for username, domain, and password would come up.

However, when my computer was on the same domain and I had NT Authentication; Outlook would come up without prompting me for username, domain, and password. Now that I am not on the same domain is there anyway to have Outlook start up without me having to enter my login info every time?

Lounger
    Thanks

Re: for future reference

the computer's domain account doesn't have anything to do with checking log in credentials for Outlook. As long as the domain for your computer can talk to the the domain for your exchange server they would be able to connect. If anything, when you launch Outlook, it tries to use the log in credentials you used to log on to your network (password authentication). If they match, you are in and you shouldn't be prompted for password. If your log in credentials do not match, you won't be able to get into Outlook unless you change the log on network security setting to say none which will make Outlook prompt you for log in credentials when you launch it. To respond to your follow up question, I don't think there's a way to make Outlook not prompt you for log in info if your domain account is different from the domain account that was used to create your exchange account. I'd be curious myself if there's someone who knows how it can be done.