Thread: shicon98.exe

2 Star Lounger
    Thanks

shicon98.exe

Can anyone tell me what this file <shicon98.exe> is supposed to be doing on a win98 machine ?
    It is located in the crogram filesphison folder. I believe this folder is probably for the 5 in one card reader.
    This file pops up with a error message and then proceeds to not close, eventually locking up the computer so you have to do a hard re-boot.
    Any help ?
    Tim

Thanks

Re: shicon98.exe

Do you have a Pen Drive or other product from Phison?
    A search on Google brings up Phison and what looks like to be updated drivers here to "Correct "shicon98.exe" problem issue".

2 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Re: shicon98.exe

Hi Leif. No, I have no pen driver, however, there is a card reader (CF for camera) recently attached to the usb port. I also did some research and came up with the Phison page. This seems to be the only reference so far that has anything about shicon98. Error is not always there, just sometimes. I did get the latest usb drivers for that machine so it should not be that.
    I will download those drivers over the weekend from Phison. I hope they don't mess things up.
    This is the wife's machine and she is telling me that it might be time for a new one since she keeps getting errors....ha ha. If you hear anything more of this file, please let me know.