New Lounger
    Thanks

Excel 97 macro crashes Excel 2000

I have a macro that our office has used for several years now. During our upgrade from Office 97 to Office 2000, it was found to consistently crash Excel 2000 when attempting to open the file containing the macro. I have arranged to set-up two systems, one with Excel 97, the other with Excel 2000. Where do I begin? It will be hard to de-bug a non existent problem on the Excel 97 system, but equally hard to debug a macro I cannot even load on the 2000 system. Is there any known issues that may indicate where the problem is before I begin this "change, transfer, & try" approach?

Thanks

Re: Excel 97 macro crashes Excel 2000

Hi,
    Have you tried copying the code into a new module in an Excel2000 workbook and stepping through it to see where it fails?
    Regards,
    Rory

Microsoft MVP - Excel

Uranium Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Excel 97 macro crashes Excel 2000

First, can you define "crashes Excel?" Do you get some kind of message?

Second, If you start Excel 2000 and do a file open, and then select this workbook, and then hold down the shift key when you press Open (keep it down until the workbook either opens or Excel "crashes"), does Excel crash. If not, you should be able to start debugging it. If it does, then the workbook is probably corrupted in some way and you will have to manually copy and paste everything into a new workbook.
    Legare Coleman