Star Lounger
    Thanks

Getting mail/disconnecting

Using Outlook 2000 on Windows 98SE--When I click on Outlook, it opens and immediately retrieves my mail and disconnects. I have gone under Tools, Options, Mail Delivery and Unchecked the box for Hanging up when finished... If I go and reconnect again by hitting send and receive, it stays connected. Is there a way to stop this new problem?

Thanks

Re: Getting mail/disconnecting

What exactly do you want to happen?

Platinum Lounger
    Thanks

it's been so long since i used a dialup, but look in the connection options for the acct (tools > services or tools > accounts depending on mode) try the different settings. i think i used lan and set the dialer to disconnect after xx min of idle tho, but it's been over a year since i used any dialup.

also, since it's checking when you open, it means you are on autocheck every xx min. you should avoid using manual checks, it'll cause mapi hangs if too close ot autochecks.

Star Lounger
    Thanks

When I open Outlook, I want it to check for my mail and leave the modem connection open on the first attempt and not hang up. I have to reconnect and then it stays connected. I don not have it set to hang up after each attempt.

Thanks

There is a "Connection" tab for your e-mail settings, under either Tools|Services or Tools|Accounts, that specifies whether to dial out for mail or to use an existing (manual) connection. Try the setting for a manual connection.