New Lounger
    Thanks

Dynamic Web Image in Slideshow (PowerPoint 2000)

I'm not even sure if something like this is possible, but so far I haven't had luck coming up with a solution...perhaps someone here could help me out.

What I'm trying to do is add an image to a PowerPoint slide - this .gif image is located on the web and is updated every 5 or 10 minutes with new information (stock price, etc). My hope is that I could have this image display on one of the pages in my slideshow, and each time that particular slide would get displayed, the latest .gif file would be obtained from the web site and presented in the slideshow.

Does anyone have any idea how this might be accomplished? (or if it's even possible?)

Alternately, I also have access to XML code containing all the various pieces of data, but I'm not sure if that presents any better opportunities for integration into the slideshow...

Any ideas or suggestions would be most welcome!

Thanks,

Trev.

5 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Dynamic Web Image in Slideshow (PowerPoint 2000)

I've never done this (I don't think this web thing is going to catch on!) but rooting through the help says something about publishing as a web page - don't know if that might do it.
    Also, there could be a cumbersome way via Excel. This allows you to link to web data so you always have the latest info. Could you perhaps make this info into a chart and then link to this chart from the PowerPoint presentation? The theory would be that Excel would update the data when it opened - the chart would update (perhaps?) and so the PPT link would display the latest 'picture' (I know that this is a chart and not a .gif as specified in your question, but...)
    I'm flailing around a bit - but hoping this might provide an idea which solves your problem.
    Hope this helps
    Silverback