2 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Forward all mail (2002)

I have a mailbox which due to a company renaming thing is going to become redundant and replaced by a new box. Can I write a bit of code that will automatically forward all mail from the old box to the new one. I would have thought this was quite easy by using a rule but I can not see one which will do the job.

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Forward all mail (2002)

I don't have 2002, so I don't know if it's quite the same there.

When you start to create a new rule with the Rules Wizard, first indicate that it's a rule for incoming messages.
    In the next step, where you can impose conditions, leave everything unchecked. If you click Next, Outlook will warn you that the rule will be applied to ALL incoming messages. Confirm by clicking OK. Then you can define an action (forward to ...) etc.

HTH,
    Hans

Platinum Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Forward all mail (2002)

forward existing mail or forward new mail? the admin can just add your old address as smtp to the new mailbox and all mail will automatically go to one mailbox (move your mail you need ot keep to a pst, he has to delete the old mailbox for this to work). He can also set your mailbox to be forwarded, if for some reason the address trick won't work.