New Lounger
    Thanks

No images in HTML Messages printing (Office 2000 sr1)

Anyone know how to resolve the problem of images within html emails not printing?

The text is printing and I get a nice collection of image frames on the printed emails but not the images. This is not helpful when the important part of the message is hidden.

Looking in the archives I see the problem has occurred before but unfortunately nothing seem to resolve the issue. IE 5.5 is set to not print backgrounds as I'm sure most copies are but images on web pages always print fine.

Thanks for all suggestions.

Thanks

Re: No images in HTML Messages printing (Office 2000 sr1)

Maybe search for "red X"? I absolutely cannot remember the solution, but I think it was patched somewhere along the line.

New Lounger
    Thanks

Just for the record I could not find anything that helped up here but I checked out the MS KB in more detail and eventually turned up Q271562. Unfortunately it says there is a hotfix but suggests you get in from Microsoft. It also suggests that IE5.5 sr2 should fix the problem. In my case IE5.5 sr2 was already installed and Office 2000 was also all patched up. I logged a call with MS who came back with :

"Updating to SP2 for IE5.5 is known to resolve the issue so I can only suspect that something in the build of IE that you have installed is causing a problem. As such I would advise to uninstall the current build of Internet Explorer and download the standard build of IE5.5 SP2 from http://www.microsoft.com/windows/ie/downlo...2/default.asp."

I had done a custom install of IE 5.5 from the WindowsUpdate site and saved it to a network drive from which I could install it to the machine necessary without having to redownload it each time. Obviously this didn't update something that it needed to.

Rather than use version 5.5 I opted for a custom install of IE6 and selected the option to save the full install for later installation to the network and then installed from that. After applying the security patches (why can't they include these in the version you download? ) I tested the printing of a HTML received message and it it did print all images correctly.

Problem solved.

Platinum Lounger
    Thanks

Interesting...
    <hr>I had done a custom install of IE 5.5 from the WindowsUpdate site and saved it to a network drive from which I could install it to the machine necessary without having to redownload it each time. Obviously this didn't update something that it needed to.<hr>

I wonder if this is also the reason behind the mlang.dll problem for some IE6 users - it should only affect beta IE6 users but for some reason, even people who try it for the first time have problems with html mail not displaying properly. The custom install either doesn't replace all the files it needs to or possibly it has older dlls. (They should all have the same dlls.... but with Microsoft, anything is possible.)