Lounger
    Thanks

Spell Check error (OE6 (XP/Pro))

I have a user that is using OE6 with XP/Pro and is getting error checking spelling 'error occured cheking spelling'. Other uses in shop are okay. Office 97 is in use at all workstations (8) and only this one is having errors. Removed Office, (spell check icon greys out) and reinstalled Office 97, and icon comes back, but can check spelling. Reset all buttons on 'Tools-Options-Spelling tab' also. No luck. Any ideas.??
    Thanks

Silver Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Spell Check error (OE6 (XP/Pro))

Is your user getting spell checking errors in OE (Outlook Express) or in Office 97? They're not connected. If he/she is using Outlook (not Outlook Express), that's part of Office but OE is entirely separate.
    Beryl M

Lounger
    Thanks

Beryl,
    Outlook Express spell check error. Word spell checks A-OK. They (OE and Spell Check) must be related, because when I removed Office from the user's machine, the spell check icon and menu item were greyed out (not available). I reinstalled Office and presto, the icon is back, but still doesn't work. Did not install Outlook, they prefer OE. (6.0) (They are still using Office 97, Word, mostly, one or two Excel, and only one PowerPoint user)
    Thanks for taking time to help. I'm baffled.
    Richard

Platinum Lounger
    Thanks

OE used word's spell check and there is a known issue with the location of the spelling engines for office 97 - they aren't where OE expects to find them. Tomsterdam.com should have the instructions for fixing it, if not, i think I posted it previously and a quick search of groups.google.com will also bring up the fix.

Lounger
    Thanks

Thanks MJ. I checked both places and it looks like the magic dll is CSAPI3T1, and it's location.