5 Star Lounger
    Thanks

custom button (Access 97 SR2 in Win 2000 SP2 and NT4)

I have an Access (.mdb) file that is connected to a set of SQL Server tables. The .mdb file is held on a network drive so that about 20 can get at it.

For ease of use I assigned one of the macros in the mdb file to a custom button on my toolbar. Fine but how do I make the same button appear on the toolbar when other people open the mdb file?

stuck

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks

Re: custom button (Access 97 SR2 in Win 2000 SP2 and NT4)

Customizations to built-in toolbars are saved in the Windows Registry on your PC, so they won't be available to other users.

To get around this, you can do two things:

(1) Open the Access database and create a custom toolbar. Custom toolbars are saved with the database, so they are available to everyone who uses the database. You can attach a custom toolbar to a form or report by setting its Toolbar property to the name of the custom toolbar.

(2) Create a temporary toolbar button in code when opening the database. You can do this in the code behind a startup form or in code you call from an AutoExec macro. You need to set a reference to the Microsoft Office 8.0 Object Library if you want to manipulate toolbars in code.

5 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Re: custom button (Access 97 SR2 in Win 2000 SP2 and NT4)

Thank you, a Custom toolbar sounds just the ticket, I'll look into it.

(un)stuck