3 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Date update (Access97)

Let me try this. I need to update fields in a table that are in this date format 7/30/02 to this format 07302002. Is there a way to do this? Thanks...

Gold Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Date update (Access97)

DON'T TOUCH THOSE DATES! Dates are not stored like that at all, in fact a date is stored as a double, in which the amount to the left of the decimal is the date, and the amount to the right of the decimal is the time. You can, however, format this date to display any way you want. See Help for more details, but to get what you want, you would use the Format function like this:
    Format (yourdatefield,"mmddyyyy").
    Mark Liquorman
    See my website for Tips & Downloads and for my Liquorman Utilities.

Bronze Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Date update (Access97)

I assume this is a Date field. You can set field Format property to mmddyyyy and set Input Mask property to 00/00/0000;0;_

I recommend the input mask because although you can format date in mmddyyyy format, you will not be able to enter data in that format, the program will not accept it as a valid date. The input mask will allow you to enter only the numbers in same sequence as will be displayed. Remember that Dates are saved internally as 8-byte numbers, so it doesn't matter what format you display in them.

HTH